Total tonal adjustment
The Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster has familiar-looking controls, but they do more than any other acoustic/electric guitar. They give control over five discreet voice pairs – a curated collection of acoustic and electric voices that can be played solo or blended via the Mod Knob to create infinite combinations. Position 5 is with the Voice Selector closest to the neck; Position 1 is furthest away. The ‘A’ voice is with the Mod Knob fully counter-clockwise; the ‘B’ voice is fully clockwise.
A: Sitka Spruce/Rosewood Dreadnought—Deep bass meets strident trebles for a traditional acoustic voice. Great for big, bold strumming.
B: Alpine Spruce/Rosewood Auditorium—Tighter and brighter for a more modern/pop sound and a detailed midrange perfect for strumming or fingerstyle.
A: Engelmann Spruce/Maple Small-Body—Intimate, parlor-inspired voice that’s articulate and bright, best for delicate playing.
B: Sitka Spruce/Mahogany Dreadnought—Full midrange with a deep bass voice that works well for rootsy strumming or fingerstyle.
A: Sitka Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought—Rich and earthy with complex overtones.
B: Adds body pickup to the above voice (up to a predetermined maximum blend)—All of the above, plus a percussive top and enhanced harmonics that pop.
A: Sitka Spruce/Mahogany Dreadnought—Full-bodied, no nonsense acoustic that’s earthy and articulate with a wide dynamic range.
B: Blends electric pickup to the above voice (predetermined semi-clean voice)—A rich acoustic rhythm sound meets Fender’s electric tone – when you really want to drive the band.
A: Fender Electric Clean—You won’t believe your acoustic guitar can do this.
B: Fender Electric Fat/Semi-Clean—You really won’t believe your acoustic guitar can do this.
- Acoustic Engine delivers 10 different body style and tonewood combinations
- 5-way switch to select sound pairs
- Mod knob blends voices
- Patent-pending Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) for better intonation, projection
- Three pickup systems: Fishman Under-Saddle Transducer, Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer, Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless magnetic pickup
- Integrated forearm contour and mahogany neck
- USB connection to charge lithium ion battery for 20 hours of play time
- 12" radius fretboard
- 2-ring black/white/black rosette
- Narrow tall frets
- Bi-Fled truss rod
- Modern Assymetrical bridge
- Chrome hardware
- Fender Dura-Tone 880L (.011-.052 gauge) strings
- Body type: Telecaster
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid A Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Transverse
- Body finish: Satin Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Nut width: 1.653" (42 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Satin urethane
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fender, Fishman
- Configuration: Fishman under-saddle piezo; Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer; Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless magnetic pickup
- EQ: Mod knob
- Tuning machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Deluxe gig bag
- Country of origin: USA